Call for Participation (CfP)
World's experts in educational immersion and blockchain technologies to convene in Lucerne, Switzerland
14 February 2022 — The Immersive Education Initiative today released the official Calls for Participation (CfP) for IMMERSIVE SWITZERLAND 2022 and the 2022 Blockchain in Education Summit (see below for conference overviews).
Speakers at previous events have included the United Nations, United States Department of Education, NASA, Harvard, Smithsonian, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Walt Disney Animation Studios, Google, Microsoft, Intel, Stanford, and other world-class organizations and academic institutions.
Speak, Exhibit or Attend
- Speak or Exhibit: Individuals and groups interested in presenting or exhibiting at either of the conferences are encouraged to respond to the CfP as noted below and online at summit.ImmersiveEducation.org
- Attend: Individuals and groups interested in attending the conference may sign up for email notifications at ImmersiveEducation.org/signup
Dates and Location
Lucerne, Switzerland, one of the most beautiful cities in the world, is the host city for both conferences.
The events will take place in June and October in collaboration with the Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts (HSLU) and the Lucerne Business Development Agency. Select IMMERSIVE SWITZERLAND events will occur in June, in collaboration with the Blockchain in Education Summit, with the full IMMERSIVE SWITZERLAND conference occurring in Fall.
Presentations and workshops will be held on the Rotkreuz campus of the Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts, with special events and outdoor activities occurring at famous landmarks in picturesque Lucerne.
One of the most beautiful cities in the world, Lucerne, Switzerland, will host both conferences.
Calls for Participation (CfP)
The prestigious academic and technical conferences, which are open to the public, will feature cutting-edge technology and research from around the world along with related hands-on exhibits, tools, techniques, standards and best practices:
- IMMERSIVE SWITZERLAND will address the personal, cultural and educational impact of immersive technologies such as Virtual Reality (VR), Augmented Reality (AR), virtual worlds, telepresence, simulations, learning games, 3D printing, personal robotics, immersive teaching and immersive learning systems, and fully immersive environments such as caves, domes and planetariums.
- The Blockchain in Education Summit will convene the world's leading educational technology and blockchain experts this spring to: 1) Address the emerging role of blockchain technology in the fields of education and training, 2) Examine the role and impact of academic and corporate research on blockchain technologies and standards, and 3) Teach educators and corporate trainers how to utilize Knowledge Token incentive and reward tokens.
Teachers, faculty, researchers and graduate students are encouraged to respond to the calls as noted below. Both conferences are open to the public:
- SPEAKERS AND EXHIBITORS: Speakers, researchers, teachers, trainers, students, exhibitors, sponsors and other individuals interested in speaking, presenting or exhibiting at either of the conferences are invited to view the full CfP online at summit.ImmersiveEducation.org
- ATTENDEES: If you are interested in attending either or both of the conferences please sign up for email notifications at ImmersiveEducation.org/signup
Speakers at Immersive Education events have included faculty, researchers, staff, administrators and professionals from Harvard University (Harvard Graduate School of Education, Berkman Center for Internet and Society at Harvard Law School, and Harvard Kennedy School of Government), Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), MIT Media Lab, The Smithsonian Institution, UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization), Federation of American Scientists (FAS), United States Department of Education, National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), United States Department of the Interior (DOI) National Park Service, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Stanford University, Cornell University, Duke University, UCLA, USC, Google, Microsoft, Intel, Oracle, Halliburton Company, Turner Broadcasting, Gates Planetarium, Computerworld, Technion Israel Institute of Technology (Israel), The MOFET Institute (Israel), Keio University (Japan), Chukyo TV Broadcasting Company (Japan), Nikko Telecommunications Company (Japan), National University of Singapore (NUS), University of St Andrews (UK), University of Glasgow (UK), Coventry University (UK), Giunti Labs (Italy) and European Learning Industry Group, Open University (UK), University of Oulu (Finland), Royal Institute of Technology (Sweden), École Nationale Supérieure des Arts Décoratifs (EnsAD; France), Interdisciplinary Center Herzliya (Israel), Graz University of Technology (Austria), University of West of Scotland (UK), University of Barcelona (Spain), Universidad Complutense de Madrid (Spain), University of Vienna (Austria), Government of New South Wales (Australia), Eötvös Loránd Tudományegyetem (Hungary), Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul (UFRGS; Brazil), Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi (India), and many more world-class organizations detailed at https://summit.ImmersiveEducation.org
Millions of Learners Worldwide
Immersive Education Initiative, the world's foremost experts in immersion and immersive technology, is a non-profit international collaboration of educational institutions, research institutes, museums, consortia and companies. The Initiative was established in 2005 with the mission to define and develop standards, best practices, technology platforms, training and education programs, and communities of support for virtual worlds, virtual reality, augmented and mixed reality, simulations, game-based learning and training systems, immersive teaching and immersive learning platforms, and fully immersive environments such as caves and domes.
Thousands of faculty, researchers, staff and administrators are members of the Immersive Education Initiative, who together service millions of academic and corporate learners worldwide.
Collaborators and Summit speakers include faculty, researchers, graduate students, and executives from the world's leading academic and cultural organizations, universities, and companies, such as United States Department of Education, United Nations, NASA, Smithsonian Institution, Harvard University, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), MIT Media Lab, Stanford University, UCLA, Google, Microsoft, Intel, Disney, Gates Planetarium, United States Department of the Interior (DOI) National Park Service (NPS), Italian Ministry of Education, Royal Institute of Technology (Sweden), Sorbonne University (France), Keio University (Japan), Nippon TV (Japan), National University of Singapore (NUS), University of Glasgow (UK), European Learning Industry Group (ELIG), Università degli Studi di Padova (University of Padua, Italy), University of Barcelona (Spain), Italian National Research Council (Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche) and many more world-class organizations.
To learn more visit https://ImmersiveEducation.org